These grilled breakfast burritos area so easy to make, and so much better than you’ll get at any fast food restaurant.
They are stuffed with chorizo, scrambled eggs, shredded cheddar cheese and tater tots (or frozen hash browns). My wife doesn’t eat meat, so we substituted soyrizo for the chorizo in the recipe.
Instead of the chorizo, you can also substitute fried bacon, grilled breakfast sausage or even some vegan Morningstar sausages.
I recommend serving these with my homemade Mexican salsa and sour cream.
Watch the video to see how it’s made!
Grilled Breakfast Burritos
- 1/2 cup soyrizo or chorizo or 6 slices of cooked bacon or sausage
- 18 Tater Tots (or 3 toasted hash browns) toasted
- 6 eggs
- 3 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup homemade Mexican salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- Sour cream for topping
- Cook bacon or sausage if using. Drain and set aside.
- Toast tater tots or freezer hash browns until cooked and crispy. Reserve.
- Whisk eggs.
- Over medium flame, saute soyrizo (if using). Slowly stir in whisked eggs and softly scramble until almost set. Remove from heat.
- Warm three flour tortillas over open flame. Fill with eggs, shredded cheese, tots and salsa. Add 2 slices of bacon or sausage if using instead of the soyrizo.
- Roll up burritos.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or regular skillet and spray pan. Toast wrapped burritos on both sides and serve with more salsa and sour cream!