One of my favorite recipes for entertaining is a taco bar, served with this fire-roasted Mexican salsa. What makes it great is that it’s so easy and guests can serve themselves!
Just set out the warm tortillas, shredded meats, and all the condiments like guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, chopped onions and enjoy!
This Mexican salsa recipe, from our friend Jeray Tirre, is very close to our recipe. Her recipe has a more smoky taste, thanks to the fire-roasted tomatoes and a bit of cumin.
If you like this recipe, you may also like my recipe for Chile de arbol salsa or avocado salsa.
Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you’ll be notified every time we post a new video!
Fire Roasted Salsa RecipeRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 3 cups chopped fire-roasted tomatoes you can use regular chopped stewed or steamed tomatoes
- 2 fresh whole jalapeños top removed, seeds left in
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves stems discarded
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic-shallot puree or 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin – optional
- Extra lime juice if desired
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Add salt to taste.
- Pulse quickly, just a few seconds to blend so it’s still chunky.