Today I’m going to share my wife’s awesome cilantro jalapeno hummus recipe made in my grown-up new Blendtec blender! Yes, I ditched the old Osterizer and got with modern times!
This recipe comes together quickly since you basically add all of the ingredients to your blender, puree, and enjoy! I’m using my garlic-shallot puree for added flavor, but you can certainly use crushed garlic as well.
I like to serve this spicy hummus with wedges of pita bread, but it tastes pretty damn good with tortilla chips, sliced cucumbers, and even cut up flour tortilla triangles.
Watch my video to see how it’s made!
Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus
- 30 oz. canned garbanzo beans drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini or toasted sesame oil
- 3-4 lemons juice only
- 2 jalapeños seeded
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic or garlic shallot puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water or reserved juice from bean can
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- Add olive oil and lemon juice to blender, followed by the rest of the ingredients. Blend well in Blendtec on dip setting, or in food processor. Thin out with the water or reserved juice as needed.