We all know the song by Jack Johnson, but banana pancakes really are one of the best things you can eat for breakfast!
This banana pancake recipe is completely homemade and tastes wonderful on a lazy weekend morning, topped with strawberries, whipped cream and maple syrup. You can easily substitute the whole wheat flour with all purpose flour if you dont have it in your pantry.
If you use a 1/2 cup batter for the pancakes, you will get about 8 to 10 large pancakes. If you use 1/4 cup of batter per pancake, you will get about 16 to 20 small pancakes.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour or use regular AP flour
- 2 cups milk or buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg
- 2 ripe bananas chopped into small pieces
- Fresh strawberries, whipped cream and real maple syrup
- Mix dry ingredients and then stir in wet ingredients.
- Mix well, then let stand about 10 minutes to allow banana flavor to meld.
- Heat frying pan, spray with cooking spray and cook pancakes about 2 minutes on each side.
- Flip onto serving plate and enjoy with strawberries, whipped cream and real maple syrup.
If you use 1/4 cup of batter per pancake, you will get about 16 to 20 small pancakes.