This easy Jamaican Chicken Curry recipe comes together quickly for a weeknight meal. It’s chock-full of healthy ingredients like peas, carrots and coconut milk. It also has a nice bit of spice, thanks to some cumin, cayenne pepper and of course a good heaping serving of Jamaican curry powder.
If you’re short on time, this makes a great weeknight meal. In fact, it can be made in roughly 30-45 minutes once you have all your ingredients in place.
Easy Jamaican Chicken CurryRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 4 boneless chicken breasts cut into pieces
- 5 carrots sliced on bias
- 1 onion diced
- 3-4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 2-3 cups peas
- 14 oz. unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup organic chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Brown the chicken and then set aside on a serving platter.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook the onions, garlic, cumin, curry, thyme, and 1/2 cup water and season with salt.
- Stir until onion has softened, about 3 minutes or so.
- Next, add the reserved chicken and its juices along with the carrots, coconut milk, 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the chicken and carrots are cooked, about another 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from heat and stir in peas. Serve curry over rice.