Today I decided to make a smoked bacon wrapped meatloaf recipe on my pellet grill smoker. This smoked bacon fatty is so easy to make, and literally uses just a few simple ingredients. This is also one of the best keto recipes you can make because it’s all meat, cheese and olives! Just be sure to choose your favorite keto-friendly ingredients from your local grocery store and watch out for anything that has hidden carbs or sugars.
Also know as a BBQ Smoked Fatty, this bacon wrapped meatloaf recipe is highly interchangeable. Feel free to experiment with your favorite ingredients to make it your own. If you don’t have a smoker, don’t worry! You can cook this recipe for meatloaf smoked fatty in your oven as well.
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- 9-10 pieces applewood smoked bacon
- 2 pounds raw Spicy Italian Sausage
- 1 cup chopped green olives
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni slices
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups pizza sauce optional
- Line a sheet pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Arrange bacon into a weave pattern on the pan. Top evenly with the spicy sausage mixture. Sprinkle over the green olives and pat into the sausage.
- Along the middle arrange a long layer of the pepperoni, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Roll up the “fatty” and be sure the edges are sealed so the melted cheese won’t seep out.
- Place in a smoker at 250 F for 2-3 hours, or until the internal temperature is 165 F. If you are pressed for time, you can raise the temperature and cook for a shorter amount of time. If you don’t have a smoker, you can also bake this in the oven.
- When done, and the bacon is crispy, remove and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice into medallions and top with pizza sauce if desired.