Apple Fries Recipe
I first learned how to make this apple fries recipe while working at Citrus, a French restaurant in Los Angeles. In LA, we served it with pork, but this sweetened version that I developed tastes a lot like the Legoland apple fries recipe!
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup cornstarch, or as needed
- Cinnamon-sugar mixture, for dusting fries
- Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup marshmallow cream
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Begin by whisking dipping sauce ingredients until creamy.
- Core, peel, and slice your apple. Or, if you like gadgets, use a French fry cutter apple corer.
- Coat the sliced apples well with corn starch.
- To fry apples, shake off excess corn starch in a strainer and fry in a deep fryer set at 375 for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with a mixture of premixed cinnamon and sugar.
- Tip: For a savory version, omit the cinnamon and sugar and serve plain apple fries with your favorite pork dish.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com