This jalapeno jam recipe is the perfect way to use up fresh red and green jalapeños from your garden or local farmer’s market.
Serve this sweet-and-spicy jam over cream cheese with crackers, top it on a your favorite burger, put a dollop on grilled salmon, or make a spicy peanut butter and jelly sandwich! It also makes a fun gift for Christmas presents, especially for those folks who love spicy foods.
Store the jam in a Mason jar up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Watch the video and print the recipe below.
Jalapeno JamRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1/2 pound red fresno or jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 pound green jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Remove stems and seeds from peppers and slice thinly.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the peppers and sauté until they are softened. Next add the sugar, vinegar and water. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer about 30 minutes, until the mixture is thick and syrupy.
- Season with salt and place in a Mason jar with a lid. This keeps up to 2 weeks stored in the refrigerator.