In honor of the summer BBQ season I’m making Grilled Short Ribs! This is a super easy Hawaiian Beef Short Ribs recipe inspired by the Hawaiian restaurant Da Kitchen in Maui. All you’ll need is a few ingredients that are whisked together and marinated overnight. They are perfect for a summer barbecue.
Grilled Hawaiian Short RibsRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 3 pounds beef short ribs 3/8-inch cut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic-shallot puree or 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 heaping teaspoon grated ginger
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/2 cup water
- Cooked Rice
- Sliced green onions
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk together Grilled Short Ribs marinade ingredients. Place the marinade in a large plastic Ziploc bag with the ribs. Marinate overnight.
- Next day, over medium heat, grill the marinated short ribs on both sides. Cook until it reaches your desired doneness.
- Serve the grilled beef short ribs immediately with rice, topped with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds.