This delicious creamed spinach recipe is one of my favorite side dishes, and it’s the perfect accompaniment for Prime Rib, steak, or your Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey.
To make this delicious creamy spinach, I like to use baby spinach leaves that come washed and rinsed for ease of preparation. Then, you’ll just need a healthy dose of butter (we always use Kerrygold Irish Butter), heavy cream, shallots and fresh grated parmesan.
Watch my Creamed Spinach Recipe Video!
Steakhouse Creamed SpinachRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
This creamed spinach recipe is one of my favorite side dishes, and it's the perfect accompaniment for Prime Rib, steak, or your Thanksgiving or Christmas turkey.
- 1 pound baby organic spinach leaves rinsed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallots
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or more as needed
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan or more as needed
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Heat saute pan to medium.
- Add butter and melt it down. After it melts, add shallots and cook down a few minutes.
- Add fresh rinsed spinach to pan. Place lid on pan and let it steam down.
- Give the spinach a stir. You could serve it now with salt and pepper to taste and serve it without the cream.
- Tilt the pan to get rid of the excess liquid and soak with paper towels.
- Add heavy cream and stir to combine. Add shredded parmesan. Stir to combine.
- Remove from stove and season to taste with white pepper and ground nutmeg. Season to your taste with salt, keeping in mind that the cheese is also salty.
- Serve and enjoy!
Let’s get cooking!Join me @cheftips on Facebook & Instagram
Watch My Video
Check out my Cooking Videos!Subscribe to my Chef Tips channel on YouTube!
Delicious! Very easy to make, the nutmeg adds the finishing flavor. I will make this again and again and again!
Thanks so much, Teree! So glad you enjoyed it!