To make this delicious creamy spinach, I like to use baby spinach leaves that come washed and rinsed for ease of preparation. Then, you’ll just need a healthy dose of butter (we always use Kerrygold Irish Butter), heavy cream, shallots and fresh grated parmesan.
Watch my Creamed Spinach Recipe Video!
Steakhouse Creamed SpinachRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 pound baby organic spinach leaves rinsed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely minced shallots
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or more as needed
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan or more as needed
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Heat saute pan to medium.
- Add butter and melt it down. After it melts, add shallots and cook down a few minutes.
- Add fresh rinsed spinach to pan. Place lid on pan and let it steam down.
- Give the spinach a stir. You could serve it now with salt and pepper to taste and serve it without the cream.
- Tilt the pan to get rid of the excess liquid and soak with paper towels.
- Add heavy cream and stir to combine. Add shredded parmesan. Stir to combine.
- Remove from stove and season to taste with white pepper and ground nutmeg. Season to your taste with salt, keeping in mind that the cheese is also salty.
- Serve and enjoy!