This easy Italian vinaigrette recipe has a lot of ingredients, but this salad dressing comes together quickly thanks to the use of a blender or food processor.
Serve this tossed with mixed greens, sliced apples, candied walnuts and bits of blue cheese, or try it in my Italian chopped salad recipe.
This vinaigrette will store in the refrigerator up to 6 weeks, or even freeze it for a few months. This makes enough to last quite a while!
Easy Italian VinaigretteRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 tablespoon garlic-shallot puree or crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup wine wine vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard Coleman's brand is best
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups canola oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor, making sure to drizzle in the oils last, followed by the salt and pepper.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 6 weeks, or even freeze it for a few months. This makes enough to last quite a while.