This pumpkin puree recipe can be made with your own Halloween pumpkins for the ultimate holiday pumpkin bread. The puree freezes well, and can be used in pretty much any pumpkin recipe — from pumpkin cookies to pumpkin pancakes, and even pumpkin soup.
Homemade Pumpkin PureeRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 pumpkin
- Vegetable oil
- Wash pumpkin well and slice in half.
- Remove seeds and stringy fibers from the center of the pumpkin and discard.
- Rub vegetable oil on the flesh of the pumpkin and place face-down on the roasting pan.
- Bake at 400 F for approximately 1 hour, or until tender. You can place a bit of water in the baking pan to steam the pumpkin, if desired.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove the skin and cut the pumpkin into small chunks. Puree in a food processor.
- Portion out 2-cup or 3-cup measurements of the puree and freeze until ready to use in your favorite pumpkin bread or pie.
- Yield: Makes up to 5 cups of puree, depending on size of pumpkin