This macadamia crusted goat cheese recipe is served on a bed of fresh chopped mango, making it a light and delicious summer appetizer.
The soy glaze is easy to make. You just cook the soy sauce, minced jalapeño and sugar over low heat until it becomes thick like syrup. Then, add a little sesame oil to taste.
For the mango salsa garnish, you can either buy store-bought, or make it yourself. Just mix together your desired amounts of chopped fresh mango, red bell pepper, green onion, fresh jalapeño and cilantro. Then, add a squeeze of lime juice to taste.
Serve with a nice crisp flatbread.
If you make this macadamia crusted goat cheese recipe, be sure to give it a rating and let us know how you liked it in the comments section!
Watch my latest videos!
Macadamia Crusted Goat CheeseRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 10 oz. goat cheese
- ½ cup roasted macadamia nuts chopped roughly
- ½ cup clarified butter melted
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¼ tsp minced jalapeño
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Mango Salsa for topping
- Chopped green onion for garnish
- Flatbread for dipping
Make Soy Glaze
- Combine all ingredients except sesame oil in sauce pan and cook over medium-low heat for 25 minutes. Add sesame oil. Strain through fine strainer. Glaze should be a thick, viscous consistency.
Prepare Goat Cheese
- Shape goat cheese into 4 equal balls. Roll each ball in macadamia nuts.
- Flatten each ball into a puck, 2½ inches by ¾ inches tall. Coat each puck again with macadamia nuts in any bare areas.
- Preheat a nonstick sauté pan on medium heat. Add clarified butter. Fry goat cheese for 90 seconds on each side.
- Place mango salsa on plate, then top with warm goat cheese. Drizzle with soy glaze and chopped green onion.