Forget the same old goat cheese routine! This recipe takes it to the next level with a symphony of sweet, salty, spicy, and creamy flavors. Imagine: a luxurious log of creamy goat cheese, encased in a crunchy macadamia nut crust, drizzled with a zesty jalapeno soy glaze, and served alongside a vibrant mango salsa bursting with freshness. Each bite is a flavor adventure, perfect for appetizers, light meals, or even a decadent snack.
Sweet Heat & Creamy Delight: Macadamia Nut Crusted Goat Cheese with Jalapeno Soy Glaze and Mango Salsa
This macadamia crusted goat cheese recipe is served on a bed of fresh chopped mango, making it a light and delicious summer appetizer. It’s inspired by our visits to Tommy Bahama restaurant in Maui, which is usually one of our first stops on the island — especially for happy hour.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Easy to make, impressive to serve: This recipe comes together quickly and requires minimal effort, yet delivers a restaurant-worthy presentation. The combination of textures and flavors is sure to wow your guests.
- Sweet & spicy balance: The jalapeno soy glaze adds a touch of heat that perfectly complements the sweetness of the mango salsa and the creamy richness of the goat cheese. It’s a luau on your plate!
- Versatile and customizable: This recipe is a foundation for endless possibilities.Play with different nuts for the crust, adjust the spiciness of the glaze, or explore different salsa variations. Get creative and make it your own!
Ready to embark on this flavor journey?
The soy glaze is easy to make. You just cook the soy sauce, minced jalapeño and sugar over low heat until it becomes thick like syrup. Then, add a little sesame oil to taste.
For the mango salsa garnish, you can either buy store-bought, or make it yourself. Just mix together your desired amounts of chopped fresh mango, red bell pepper, green onion, fresh jalapeño and cilantro. Then, add a squeeze of lime juice to taste.
Serve with a nice crisp flatbread.
With its irresistible combination of flavors and textures, this Macadamia Nut Crusted Goat Cheese recipe is sure to become a new favorite. So, gather your ingredients, unleash your inner chef, and get ready to experience a flavor explosion!
If you make this macadamia crusted goat cheese recipe, be sure to give it a rating and let us know how you liked it in the comments section!
Watch my latest videos!
Uncork Your Culinary Adventures
Ready to explore further? Head over to my YouTube channel for a video demonstration of more than 300 recipes! You’ll find me guiding you through each step, sharing tips and tricks, and revealing insider secrets gleaned from the chefs around the world. Let’s embark on more delicious adventures together!
Macadamia Crusted Goat CheeseRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 10 oz. goat cheese
- ½ cup roasted macadamia nuts chopped roughly
- ½ cup clarified butter melted
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¼ tsp minced jalapeño
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Mango Salsa for topping
- Chopped green onion for garnish
- Flatbread for dipping
Make Soy Glaze
- Combine all ingredients except sesame oil in sauce pan and cook over medium-low heat for 25 minutes. Add sesame oil. Strain through fine strainer. Glaze should be a thick, viscous consistency.
Prepare Goat Cheese
- Shape goat cheese into 4 equal balls. Roll each ball in macadamia nuts.
- Flatten each ball into a puck, 2½ inches by ¾ inches tall. Coat each puck again with macadamia nuts in any bare areas.
- Preheat a nonstick sauté pan on medium heat. Add clarified butter. Fry goat cheese for 90 seconds on each side.
- Place mango salsa on plate, then top with warm goat cheese. Drizzle with soy glaze and chopped green onion.