Today I’m making the legendary Green Bay Packers “Horse Collar” Kielbasa Sausage Roll, a fan favorite at Lambeau Field since 2014.
Though this delicious Kielbasa sausage roll was recently discontinued at the stadium, you can still make it at home with this recipe. Sure hope you enjoy it!
Kielbasa Sausage RollRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 12 oz. 16-inch Kielbasa sausage, or Bratwurst
- 11 oz. Pillsbury French Bread Loaf shaped into a 16-inch “horse shoe”
- 2 cups sauerkraut pressed dry between paper towels
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying the sauerkraut
Beer Cheese Dip
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup IPA beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic/shallot puree
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese Wisconsin cheese if you can find it
- 1 pound processed cheese such as Velveeta
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and a dash of white pepper
- Watch the video to see how it's made!