This Cajun turkey injection marinade will make a delicious moist turkey for your smoker or the oven! You can even deep fry it!
Just put all of your turkey marinade ingredients in a blender, then inject under the skin of the bird. Save 1/3 of the marinade to pour over before you smoke it or put it in the oven. Add a can of chicken broth to the bottom of the pan before cooking, so you can make an awesome gravy!
Cajun Turkey Injection & MarinadeRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces beer
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup Tony's Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup garlic shallot puree or minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix the marinade ingredients in your blender.
- Use injector to place under the skin all over the turkey. Use the rest of the marinade over the turkey.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes at 420 F, then reduce to 350 F. Add 1 cup of chicken broth to the pan, and bake until the turkey leg reads 165 F on an internal thermometer.
- Let the turkey rest 15-20 minutes before slicing.