This kalamata olive butter is a compound butter that absolutely delicious served over toasted sourdough bread, or topped on your favorite grilled meats or vegetables.
It should have nice chunky bits of olives for a nice texture. You can freeze the butter for later use, and slice it as needed. It’s a step above most garlic butter recipes, and I hope you enjoy it!
Kalamata Olive ButterRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1/2 pound softened salted butter
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic-shallot puree or 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup of pitted and chopped kalamata olives
- Mix 2 sticks (1/2 pound) of softened salted butter with 1-2 teaspoons of my garlic-shallot puree (or 1-2 cloves minced garlic), 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian flat leaf parsley and 1/2 cup of pitted and chopped kalamata olives.
- Blend the mix well and roll into a log wrapped in plastic wrap. You can freeze this compound butter and slice it serve atop your favorite grilled meats or vegetables.