Around St. Patrick’s Day, this Homemade Irish Cream recipe always makes a comeback (though we think it’s delicious anytime of year!)
This recipe, which was given to me by my mom, is great mixed into an Irish Cream Cake or served over vanilla or coffee ice cream. You can also use it to make Irish cream coffee by adding 1-2 ounces to each cup of hot brewed coffee.
Plan ahead before making this, because you need to refrigerate it for 24 hours. This allows the flavors to meld and helps the alcohol “cook” the egg. This homemade Irish cream recipe will keep about 2 months in the refrigerator.
Serve it with my Irish fish and chips for a full St. Patrick’s Day feast!
Homemade Irish CreamRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 3 /4 tablespoons water
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Irish whiskey such as Jamesons or Bushmills
- 2 caps 1/2 ounce Brandy
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Blend eggs, chocolate syrup, vanilla and water in a blender or whip well in a mixer. Add condensed milk, whiskey and brandy by blending in blender quickly. Blend in unwhipped cream, just blending. Do not overmix.
- Refrigerate 24 hours. This allows the flavors to meld and helps the alcohol “cook” the egg.
- This Irish cream liqueur will keep about 2 months in the refrigerator.