This Spinach and Bacon Baked Eggs Souffle recipe is inspired by the Panera Bread egg souffle recipe. Feel free to play around with your favorite ingredients, but this recipe features farm fresh eggs with spinach, feta cheese and bacon.
The eggs are cooked in muffin tins, making it the perfect portable brunch or breakfast recipe. Feel free to switch out the bacon for artichoke to make this a vegetarian recipe.
Spinach, Bacon and Feta Baked EggsRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 12 eggs
- 12 pieces bacon
- 3 handfuls fresh baby spinach roughly chopped and stems removed
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half & half
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1/2-1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Par-cook bacon at 425 for 10 minutes. Remove bacon from oven.
- Preheat pan. Drizzle a bit of bacon grease into the pan. Saute green onion and spinach until wilted. Set aside and remove from heat.
- Whisk up 12 eggs. Add 1/4 cup cream, a couple pinches of salt and some white pepper.
- Line a 6-cup muffin tin with the bacon, covering the sides and bottom of each tin. If you choose to use turkey bacon, you may have to slightly grease the muffin tin. You can also chop the bacon and put it into the filling, or omit it all together for a vegetarian recipe.
- Pour some scrambled egg on the bottom, top with a small bit of the spinach filling in each cup, and add more eggs, about 3/4 of the way up. Top with about 1-2 tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese.
- Bake in oven at 425 for 10-15 minutes. Let rest 3-5 minutes, then remove with a rubber spatula. Enjoy!