In honor of the L.A. Rams, we’re making the famous Cheeseburger Sub recipe from SoFi Stadium.
This is a monster-sized cheeseburger sub sandwich topped with melted American cheese, pickles and onions and stuffed in a foot-long Martin’s potato bun.
Since I wasn’t able to find a foot-long Martin’s bun at my local market or online, we’re using a roll from our local deli.
Feel free to add your favorite toppings to this burger. I would personally enjoy sliced tomatoes, lettuce, and mayonnaise or thousand island. Make it your own!
If you enjoyed this cooking video, please subscribe to our Youtube channel and click the BELL icon so you can be the first to know when we post a new video!
For more burger recipes, check out my Blue Cheese Burgers, Smash Burgers or Bill Murray Burger!
SoFi Stadium Cheeseburger SubRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 foot-long submarine sandwich roll
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced pickles
- 3 slices American cheese
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Slice your roll in half and butter it on each side.
- Form your ground beef into a long narrow patty at least 13 or 14 inches long. It will shrink when cooking. Pat down so it cooks evenly and is easy to flip with your spatula. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- On a large griddle, toast the rolls so the butter melts and crisps up the bread. Remove and set aside.
- Add butter to the griddle and saute the onion until crispy and brown. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add your ground beef to the griddle and cook on both sides, about 5 minutes or so each side.
- Add three slices of American cheese to the top of the long patty, covering the entire length. Put foil over the burgers so the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Build your cheeseburger subs by layering the buttered and toasted roll with ketchup, mustard and onions. Add the patty and top with the sliced pickles.
- Feel free to add your favorite toppings to this burger, such as sliced tomatoes, lettuce, mayonnaise or thousand island and make it your own!