As many of you might know, I’m a big fan of grilling. Today we’re making Blue Cheese Burgers topped with a sticky, sweet and spicy Jalapeño Jam!
You can use either ground beef or turkey for this recipe. Since my wife doesn’t eat red meat, we decided to use ground turkey. And to make it a little more fun, we made them mini size for some awesome turkey burger sliders!
To make this recipe for blue cheese burgers, you’ll first need to make a batch of jalapeño jam, which serves as the topping and main condiment.
After the burgers are grilled to your liking, we add a little bit of blue cheese to the top. When melted, it tastes really awesome with the jalapeño jam.
This recipe was inspired by a dish we enjoyed at Pacific Blues Cafe in Yountville. Serve this with a Zinfandel wine or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Watch the video on how it’s made, and print the recipe below!
Blue Cheese Burgers
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 8 slider buns such as King's Hawaiian
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 red onion slices
- 1 cup spring mix lettuce leaves
- 1 batch jalapeño jam see separate recipe
- Mayonnaise for spreading
- Mix up the ground turkey with the panko bread crumbs, egg, pepper and salt. Form into small patties for sliders. You should get about 8 sliders or 4 burgers.
- Heat the grill and cook the burgers on both sides, about 5-10 minutes depending on the size you are making.
- During the last minute of cooking, top the burgers with blue cheese.
- Remove burgers when the cheese melts.
- Toast your buns, if desired.
- Top each bun with a little bit of mayonnaise. Top with the jalapeño jam, lettuce, tomato and onions.