Today, we’re demystifying the art of the grilled ribeye steak, guiding you on your journey to achieving restaurant-worthy results right in your own backyard.
Let’s be honest, there’s something primal, almost magical, about the sizzle of a perfectly seasoned steak hitting a hot grill. The aroma that fills the air, the anticipation building as it cooks, and then, the first juicy bite – it’s a culinary symphony that’s hard to resist. But fear not, grill masters and aspiring carnivores alike!
Now, before we dive into the sizzling details, let’s address the elephant in the room: perfect doesn’t mean complicated. This recipe is all about showcasing the natural beauty of a high-quality ribeye, enhanced by simple yet impactful techniques. And, to add a touch of personal flair, we’ll top it off with a homemade compound butter featuring the vibrant freshness of my homegrown chives (but store-bought works just fine too!). So, grab your apron, fire up the grill, and let’s get cooking!
The Anatomy of Perfection: Choosing Your Ribeye Steak
The foundation of this recipe lies in the quality of your steak. Opt for a thick-cut (around 1-1.5 inches) bone-in ribeye for optimal flavor and juiciness. Look for marbling throughout, as this is where the flavor magic happens. Ask your butcher for their recommendation, and don’t be afraid to splurge a little – a good steak is an investment in pure deliciousness!
The Art of Simplicity: Preparing Your Steak for Greatness
Now, the beauty of this recipe lies in its minimalist approach. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 ribeye steak (1-1.5 inches thick, bone-in or boneless)
- Olive oil: For a light coating to prevent sticking.
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper: The essential flavor duo.
- 2 tablespoons butter: Softened, for the ultimate compound butter.
- 1 tablespoon minced chives: Freshly snipped from your garden (or store-bought!).
Watch My Grilled Ribeye Steak Video
More Carnivore Recipes
Ready for more Culinary Adventures?
Head over to my YouTube channel for video demonstrations of more than 300 recipes! I’ll guide you through each step, sharing tips and tricks, and revealing insider secrets gleaned from the chefs around the world. Let’s embark on more delicious adventures together! You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and X!
Grilled Ribeye SteakRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 ribeye steak
- Olive oil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Mix together the butter with the chives. Form into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap, freezing until ready to use.
- Grill steak on high heat, turning to sear and get those nice grill marks. Move over to indirect heat and top with compound butter. Close lid and continue cooking until the butter is melted and the steak is done to your desired temperature.