One of the first things any cook should learn is how to make a cheese omelet. Once you master this technique, you’ll be able to make all sorts of wonderful variations, from the classic ham and cheese omelet or bacon cheese omelet to more elaborate mixtures found in your favorite breakfast place.
Today, let’s keep it simple with a classic cheese omelette recipe. Use an 8-inch or 10-inch omelet pan for this preparation.
Cheese OmeletRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a mixing bowl, crack two eggs and whisk them well with 2 tablespoons of water and salt and pepper to taste. If you use white pepper, it will blend in.
- Next, heat your nonstick omelet pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. When a drop of water sizzles on the pan, add your egg mixture and begin using a high-heat rubber spatula to pull the egg off the sides of the pan, continuing the process until all of the egg has been cooked fairly well.
- Add 1/3 cup grated cheese to half of the omelet and flip the other side over. Let sit a few moments allowing the cheese to melt and the last bits of egg on the inside to cook through.
- Slide onto a plate and serve with your favorite breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast.