This quinoa salad recipe is dressed up with roasted butternut squash, dried cherries and sage, making it a perfect vegetarian meal for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It holds well, so it would also make a great potluck recipe for a picnic too! Hope you enjoy it!
Quinoa Salad with Butternut Squash, Cranberries and SageRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
Chef Jason Hill prepares a Quinoa Salad recipe with Roasted Butternut Squash, Cherries and Sage in this episode of "Chef Tips." This recipe is a great option for vegetarians during a holiday feast.
- 8 ounces rainbow quinoa
- 1 pound roasted butternut squash peeled
- 1 cup baby spinach julienned
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 orange zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large stockpot on medium high heat, add the chicken broth and dried cherries.
- Chop up spinach and place into a mixing bowl. Roughly chop sage and parsley and add to same bowl.
- Cut cooked butternut squash into cubes.
- Remove about 1 teaspoon of zest from the orange and roughly chop.
- Add quinoa to the bubbling chicken broth and cherries. Let come to a rapid boil. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes. To make dressing, squeeze in the juice of 1 orange into a mixing bowl. Add vinegar and orange zest, then whisk as you slowly add in the oil. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and some fresh cracked pepper.
- After the quinoa is done, turn off heat and let rest for 5 minutes, covered. Stir around and fluff it up, then transfer to a serving dish.
- Gently fold in the dried cranberries, squash, spinach, sage and parsley. Drizzle with the dressing.
- Chill for 3 hours or overnight, then serve topped with toasted sliced almonds.
Let’s get cooking!Join me @cheftips on Facebook & Instagram
Watch My Video
Check out my Cooking Videos!Subscribe to my Chef Tips channel on YouTube!