For this episode of “Chef Tips,” I traveled down to our friends’ house in Laguna Beach to make a smoked brisket recipe on the Big Green Egg.
I’m personally a big fan of my Green Mountain Grills smoker, and this recipe will work well in any smoker that you might have. To make the smoked brisket, you’ll need one 14-pound USDA prime beef brisket, which is coated in a Guilden’s spicy brown mustard and a Mesquite BBQ rub.
We smoke the brisket at 220 F for 15 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 195 F. Plan on smoking a brisket about 1 1/2 hours per pound.
This brisket will pair really well with some of my homemade cole slaw and BBQ sauce!
Be sure to watch the video on how it’s made, and print out the recipe below!
Smoked Brisket RecipeRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 14-pound USDA prime beef brisket
- 1 jar Guilden's spicy brown mustard
Mesquite BBQ Rub
- 4 ounces Lawry’s seasoning salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mesquite flavored seasoning mix
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Coat the brisket well with Guilden's spicy brown mustard and Mesquite BBQ rub.
- Smoke the brisket at 220 F for 15 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 195 F.