For this episode of “Chef Tips,” I traveled down to our friends’ house in Laguna Beach to make a smoked brisket recipe on the Big Green Egg.
I’m personally a big fan of my Green Mountain Grills smoker, and this recipe will work well in any smoker that you might have. To make the smoked brisket, you’ll need one 14-pound USDA prime beef brisket, which is coated in a Guilden’s spicy brown mustard and a Mesquite BBQ rub.
We smoke the brisket at 220 F for 15 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 195 F. Plan on smoking a brisket about 1 1/2 hours per pound.
Be sure to watch the video on how it’s made, and print out the recipe below!
Smoked Brisket Recipe
- 1 14-pound USDA prime beef brisket
- 1 jar Guilden's spicy brown mustard
Mesquite BBQ Rub
- 4 ounces Lawry’s seasoning salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mesquite flavored seasoning mix
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Coat the brisket well with Guilden's spicy brown mustard and Mesquite BBQ rub.
- Smoke the brisket at 220 F for 15 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 195 F.