Forget the lettuce — bacon, spinach and tomato sandwiches are so much better! Today I’m going to show you how to make a BST — a dressed-up version of the BLT — that packs in way more nutrients and tastes great.
Without the bread, this makes a fantastic bacon spinach salad recipe!
Bacon, Spinach & Tomato SandwichRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 4 tomatoes sliced
- 8 pieces sourdough bread
- 4 eggs fried
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Wash spinach and dry.
- Whisk Worcestershire sauce, white wine vinegar and sugar together. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking constantly until the dressing thickens slightly.
- Cook bacon until crispy.
- Cut the tomato and red onion into slices.
- Crumble the bacon into the vinaigrette and mix well.
- Toss the vinaigrette with the spinach leaves, gently folding to coat the leaves.
- Add sliced onion.
- Fry the eggs in butter.
- Toast two slices of sourdough for each sandwich. Spread with mayonnaise on each side. Top with tomato slices, followed by spinach-bacon mixture, and the fried egg.