Southwest Sauce Recipe
This Southwest Sauce recipe is especially delicious served over my grilled chicken sandwiches. Photo by Veronica Hill.
Southwest Sauce is used here in California for a variety of dishes. I especially enjoy this Southwest sauce recipe in turkey or chicken sandwiches and wraps, drizzled over tortilla soup or cheesy quesadillas, and also with crisp French fries or tortilla chips. Let the flavors meld in the refrigerator overnight for best results. This recipe keeps for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Half of a tomato, diced
- 1/4 of an onion
- 1-2 Serrano peppers
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Blend ingredients in food processor. Let sit overnight for flavors to meld and onion to mellow. This recipe keeps for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com
Southwest Sauce Recipe (Video)
Watch this video on YouTube: Southwest Sauce