Huevos Rancheros Recipe
Tired of the same old bacon and eggs for breakfast? Why not spruce up your morning with this recipe for huevos rancheros? This Mexican-style breakfast offers an unusual break from traditional American fare, and is sure to satisfy even the biggest appetites. Serve this topped with my green tomatillo sauce, or top with my Mexican salsa.
- 2 cups green tomatillo sauce (see my recipe)
- 2 organic brown eggs
- 1 cup refried beans, heated
- 2 corn tortillas (handmade style preferred)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, cut into slices
- Minced cilantro
- Sour cream, if desired
- Heat 2 cups of the green tomatillo sauce over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into sauce and cook until poached to your liking.
- In a separate pan, lightly fry 2 corn tortillas in about 1-2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- Place tortillas on plate. Spoon hot refried beans over each tortilla.
- Top with the eggs, chopped green onion, sliced avocado and some minced cilantro for garnish. Add additional sauce over the Mexican huevos rancheros, if desired.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com