This Mexican Chicken Marinade recipe is perfect for boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken pieces. I use this recipe pretty much any time I’m going to cook chicken, whether it’s just a simple barbecue, for fajitas, or as a filling in my street tacos.
I also use this marinade for my Grilled Southwest Chicken Sandwich. The key to its bright flavor comes from fresh lime juice (you can also use lemon), chopped cilantro leaves and minced garlic. Hope you enjoy it!
Mexican Chicken MarinadeRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix together marinade ingredients well and place in a Ziplock bag or storage container.
- Add 4 chicken breasts, either cut in half into cutlets, or pounded flat between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Marinate about 1 hour in the refrigerator, then grill or barbecue your chicken. Need help on the grill? Check out my handy grilling tips.