Today we’re making the best Mexican chimichangas recipe you’ll ever eat, and it comes together so easily thanks to making the chicken chimichanga filling in a slow cooker or crock pot!
The recipe for Chimichangas is believed to have originated either in Sonora, Mexico, or outside of Phoenix, Arizona, during the early 1950s. And folks, it’s really nothing more than a deep fried burrito!
Feel free to be creative with your fillings, but chicken chimichangas are probably the most popular, stuffed with a filling of seasoned shredded chicken, sour cream, guacamole, and aged cheddar cheese. Hope you enjoy our Chimichangas recipe!
Chicken ChimichangasRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
Today we're making the best Mexican chimichangas recipe you'll ever eat, and it comes together so easily thanks to making the chicken chimichanga filling in a slow cooker or crock pot!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 lime
- Flour tortillas
- Sour cream and guacamole for topping
- In a large slow cooker, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Heat for 4-6 hours, or until chicken pulls apart. Shred, salt to taste and add a squeeze of lime.
- Build chimichangas, roll up, and deep fry for a few minutes. Drain on paper towel and serve!
Let’s get cooking!Join me @cheftips on Facebook & Instagram
Watch My Video
Check out my Cooking Videos!Subscribe to my Chef Tips channel on YouTube!