Many people are intimidated on how to cook lobster, but grilled lobster tails are an impressive and simple way to go. If you have a Maine lobster or other variety of lobster, simply split the tails in half and rinse under cool water.
Lobster tail recipes are best when made with a scampi-style butter, garlic and parsley sauce. My recipe for grilled lobster tails uses this method, first by cooking lobster tails on the grill, and then by finishing them off in a saute pan.
Side dishes for lobster dinner include garlic mashed potatoes and grilled corn on the cob. I hope this is one of the best lobster recipes you’ll try!
Grilled Lobster TailsRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
Many people are intimidated on how to cook lobster, but grilled lobster tails are an impressive and simple way to go. Lobster tail recipes are best when made with a scampi-style butter, garlic and parsley sauce. Side dishes for lobster dinner include garlic mashed potatoes and grilled corn on the cob. I hope this is one of the best lobster recipes you'll try!
- 2 8 oz. lobster tails
- 2 tablespoons chive oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic-shallot puree or 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cups water use as needed
- Salt and pepper as desired
- First, lay the lobster tail on its back. With your knife, set it on the tip of tail. Push knife down into meat and crack through the back of the shell. Gently pull meat apart from the shell, but not completely. Rinse lobster under cool water. Pat dry.
- Drizzle chive oil or olive oil over the meat. Cover and put in the refrigerator in 30 minutes.
- Preheat your outdoor gas grill. Place lobster tails, meat side down, on the grill and cover about 1 minute. Turn lobster over on the back side and grill another minute.
- Remove when lobster is still pink.
- Next, preheat a saute pan large enough for both tails over medium heat. Add 1/2 stick butter and 1 teaspoon garlic shallot puree. When butter is melted, add 1/4 cup water. Let it sizzle around.
- Add lobster tail. Keep it at top of the pan. Youll see the butter is over the flame. Start to spoon the hot butter mixture over the lobster. Keep lobster up and away from the heat. The hot garlic sauce is whats cooking it.
- After couple minutes, add chopped parsley. Add a bit more water if needed. After about 5 minutes, theyll be done.
- Today Im serving these with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh grilled corn on the cob.
Let’s get cooking!Join me @cheftips on Facebook & Instagram
Watch My Video
Check out my Cooking Videos!Subscribe to my Chef Tips channel on YouTube!