This udon noodle soup recipe is a hot and comforting dish you can enjoy year-round. It calls for udon noodles, green onions, firm tofu, fresh ginger, fresh garlic, soy sauce. Hope you enjoy it!
Serve topped with melted American cheese and a poached egg for an extra splurge, Roy Choi style!
Udon Noodle Soup Recipe
- 3 7 oz. packages of udon noodles (21 ounces)
- 6 green onions cut on bias
- 1 package firm tofu cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 cups broth chicken, beef, fish, mushroom or vegetable
- Soak prepared Udon noodles in warm water until they come apart.
- Add canola oil to pan, followed by sesame oil. Add tofu pieces and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add noodles to pan with browned tofu. Stir lightly. Add green onions. Steam a couple minutes.
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar until sugar dissolves. Pour over the noodle mixture. Stir until combined.
- Add 4 cups of vegetable or chicken broth to noodles. Bring to a boil. Taste for seasoning. Add a pinch of salt if needed.
- Serve topped with melted American cheese and poached egg, if desired.