Italian Pink Sauce
This delicious pink marinara sauce, also known as an Italian pink sauce, was inspired by a sauce served at Newport Beach restaurant Mama D’s. This Italian pink sauce recipe is delicious with spaghetti, ravioli, and eggplant parmesan. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 jar roma or plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh basil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic-shallot puree or 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and sugar for seasoning
- Preheat pan on medium high heat.
- After 1 minute, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute carrot and onion until soft and translucent. Add the garlic puree and cook another couple minutes. After 5 minutes, add dried basil and tomatoes.
- After it starts to boil, sprinkle in crushed red pepper and put the lid on. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and let reduce a bit more.
- Transfer to food processor or blender and pulse for 30 seconds. To finish, season with a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of sugar if it's too acidic.
- To make the pink sauce, add about 1/4 cup heavy cream and mix again.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com