This panko fish breading recipe is perfect for any firm white fish, including mahi mahi, red snapper, tilapia or halibut. It’s a popular preparation in many seafood restaurants throughout California and the Hawaiian islands. For this recipe, all you’ll need are panko bread crumbs, flour, macadamia nuts, basil and eggs.
Panko Fish Breading Recipe
- 2 cups Panko Japanese bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1-2 cups flour or more as needed
- Mix the panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, macadamia nuts and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the whisked eggs in another shallow casserole dish.
- Add about 1-2 cups of flour in a third casserole dish.
- To prepare your dish, coat the fish filets in flour, dip in egg wash, and then coat on both sides in the macadamia-bread crumb mixture.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to cook.