This crock pot chicken Chile verde recipe is a delicious version of white chicken chili that’s easy and delicious for tailgating or a potluck. If you don’t want the carbs, simply omit the tortilla and serve in a bowl. You can also substitute the chicken with pork. It’s a Mexican favorite you’re sure to love!
Crock Pot Chicken Chile VerdeRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 2 9.75 ounce cans shredded chicken (or 3 cooked chicken breasts)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 28 oz. cans green enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz. can Northern white beans
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 7 ounces Embasa brand salsa verde
- 7 ounces diced green chiles
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves washed and chopped
- Preheat a pan with 2 tablespoons oil. Next add and saute onion, cilantro and garlic about 2 minutes. Add chicken and mix well. Cook another minute.
- Coat Crock Pot with cooking spray. Add the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot, including the chicken mixture. Stir well. Set on high and cook about four hours.
- Soften tortillas on cooktop and fill with chile verde mixture. Top with sour cream, shredded cheese and homemade salsa.