Today I’m going to share my Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon recipe, which is cooked up on a good old Weber charcoal grill! You can also use a regular gas grill too, of course! This recipe is perfect for a romantic evening, such as Valentine’s Day and is sure to impress your significant other.
I’m using beef tenderloin, applewood smoked bacon and some truffle oil to really take this steak to the next level.
Before cooking the filet, set out your steaks at room temperature for 15 minutes. Cook bacon halfway through until pliable. Wrap two slices of bacon around each filet and secure with a toothpick.
During the last couple minutes of cooking, add a little truffle butter for some added luxuriousness! Watch the video on YouTube, or in the recipe description below!
Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
- 4 beef tenderloin filets
- 8 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon truffle salt or kosher/sea salt
- 1 tablespoon truffle butter or regular unsalted butter
- Crushed fresh cracked pepper as desired
- Before cooking the filet, have the steaks sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Cook bacon halfway through until pliable. Wrap two slices of bacon around each filet and secure with a toothpick.
- Drizzle each filet with truffle or olive oil, then the salt and pepper.
- Cook on the grill over direct heat/flame for 3 minutes each side, and then indirect heat for up to 8-10 minutes.
- During the last couple minutes of cooking, add a little butter or truffle butter and melt. ENJOY!!!!