This tempura batter recipe can be used with shrimp, vegetables, asparagus and even sliced avocado. For extra crunch, coat with panko bread crumbs after dipping it in the batter. Enjoy!
Tempura Batter Recipe
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces pale ale beer, seltzer water or plain water
- Panko bread crumbs optional
- In bowl, fold together flour, salt, eggs and beer. It’s OK to have lumps. Add 1 cup of ice to the batter. Fold gently.
- Set your shrimp or veggies into the batter and coat everything but the tail. Shake off the excess, and dip into a bed of panko bread crumbs (if desired).
- Place coated shrimp or veggies into 375 F deep fryer for 1-2 minutes minutes at the most, or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.