For an inexpensive, yet elegant meal, this Pork Tenderloin recipe with Bing Cherry Compote is hard to beat.
In this video, I’m topping the pork with a Zinfandel, Bing Cherry and Roasted Onion Warm Compote. This roast pork recipe uses just a few ingredients and is perfect for a dinner party or weeknight meal.
Before serving, cut your medallions about 1/2 inch thick. You can serve 2-4 slices per serving. Top the pork with the cherry sauce and served with fresh roasted potatoes and fresh green beans if desired.
Pork Tenderloin Recipe with Zinfandel, Bing Cherry and Roasted Onion Warm CompoteRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork tenderloin removed of most fat
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh sea salt and cracked pepper
- 3 fresh onion slices
- Caramelized onions from the pan
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup dried pitted bing cherries or other dried fruit
- 1/4 cup red Zinfandel wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Drizzle a couple tablespoons of olive oil on both sides of the pork loin and rub into the meat. Season with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper on both sides.
- Preheat an oven-proof saute pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive and add the tenderloin. Sear the meat about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Next, place three sliced onion rings on pan, then set tenderloin back onto pan. Place pan into the oven at 375 F for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches about 150 F. This will continue to carry over cook to about 160 F.
- Make the compote.
- Preheat saucepan on low. Add butter and melt down. Add the caramelized onions from the pork pan and stir around. Next add cherries or other dried fruit. Stir in the honey. Set on low and cover for 5 minutes. Next, stirring, add 1/4 cup Zinfandel and cover pot again for another 5-10 minutes. When the wine has cooked down, season the compote with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cut your medallions about 1/2 inch thick. You can serve 2-4 slices per serving. Top the pork with the cherry sauce and served with fresh roasted potatoes and fresh green beans if desired.