This delicious French bread pizza recipe is an old family favorite, shared by my wife’s grandmother Genevieve who lived to be 100 years old! It’s an easy recipe for cheese bread that’s perfect for any football party or as a quick appetizer at any gathering.
Unlike traditional pizza recipes, this uses a French bread loaf as the base. It’s then topped with a savory and cheesy mix of black olives, mayonnaise, green onions, Dijon mustard, Cheddar, Pepper Jack and Swiss.
This recipe just takes 15 minutes to bake, and is perfect for a last-minute appetizer!
More Easy Pizza Recipes:
Stay in Touch!
French Bread PizzaRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1 small loaf French bread
- 3-4 ounces chopped or sliced olives
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 slices Pepper Jack cheese, or regular Jack cheese or Swiss
- Cut French bread horizontally on a 12 x 15 baking sheet.
- Combine olives, mayonnaise, chopped green onion, shredded Cheddar cheese, and Dijon mustard.
- Spread the olive mixture on each bread half, then top with thinly sliced pepper jack, jack or Swiss cheese.
- Bake in a 375 F oven for 12-15 minutes or until hot throughout.
- Cut crosswise into 1 1/2 inch slices and serve as an appetizer.