This bourbon creme anglaise recipe uses a couple tablespoons of Kentucky bourbon for added flavor, but you can easily substitute vanilla extract, or leave out the flavoring completely. Serve this with bread pudding or any of your favorite desserts!
Watch my video in the recipe description below, or on my YouTube channel!
Creme AnglaiseRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or Kentucky bourbon
- Heat the milk and cream in a saucepan, stirring just until heated. Do not boil.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the warm milk to the eggs slowly, stirring as you pour.
- In a large saucepot, heat the mixture over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and add vanilla or bourbon. Enjoy!