This easy Asian Lettuce Wraps recipe comes together quickly, thanks to my favorite secret ingredient – a stir fry paste made with fresh ginger, cilantro, garlic and dried chiles.
This is healthy, delicious and perfect for these hot summer evenings. Hope you enjoy these Asian lettuce wraps at your next family dinner or get together.
Asian Lettuce Wraps
Stir Fry Paste
- 12 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 2-3 dried red chiles
- Small bunch of cilantro roughly 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
For the Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 3 tablespoons Asian Stir Fry Paste
- 1/2 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4-6 green onions sliced
- 8 ounces drained and chopped water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Iceberg or butter lettuce for serving
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts for garnish
- Sriracha Hot Sauce for serving
- Prepare the Asian Stir Fry paste in a small chopper. This will keep in the refrigerator for a couple weeks and makes more than you’ll need for this easy lettuce wrap recipe.
To make the lettuce wraps:
- In a medium frying pan or wok heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and turkey and sauce for several minutes, breaking up the ground turkey. Stir in 2-3 tablespoons of the stir fry mix, the Hoisin Sauce and soy sauce. Stir until combined and the turkey is well cooked. Stir in the green onions, water chestnuts and rice wine vinegar and cook a few more minutes until flavors meld. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in lettuce cups, topped with chopped peanuts and Sriracha hot sauce if desired. Hope you enjoy this easy recipe for lettuce wraps!