This Turkey Pear Fruit Plate is the perfect way to keep the kids occupied while you prepare your Thanksgiving dinner. Not only is it fun to make, but it’s also a sneaky way to get them excited about eating more fresh fruit!
I filmed this video as a collaboration with with Cookies, Cupcakes and Cardio host Jenn Johns during a trip to YouTube Space LA many years ago. Hope you enjoy it!
Turkey Pear Fruit PlateRecipe by Jason Hill – CookingSessions.com
- 1/2 pear
- 6-8 apple slices
- 6-8 orange wedges
- 2 dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon nutella peanut butter or cream cheese
- 2 mini chocolate chips
- 1 cashew
- 1 dried cranberry
- Place the halved pear on your plate.
- Layer orange and apple slices around the pear, like feathers.
- Cut the apricots into "feet." Place under the base of the pear.
- Dip chocolate chips into the peanut butter to glue on "eyes." Do the same with the cashew for the "beak" and the cranberry for the "gobbler."