Sometimes we don’t have a lot of time to prepare a meal when company comes over. That’s why it’s good to have a standby recipe that you can put together quickly. This Peach Whiskey BBQ Drumsticks recipe, shared by our friend Mike Jennings, is super delicious, super tasty, and won’t take you a lot of prep time.
To make the Peach Whiskey BBQ Drumsticks, you’ll first need to buy a special chicken leg and wing rack, which is essential to making this dish. Next, you’ll need to buy a bottle of peach whiskey and your favorite barbecue sauce. If you’re purchasing it from the grocery store, and not making it yourself, Mike recommends Stubb’s sauce. Otherwise, you can use my homemade BBQ sauce.
After you mix together the peach whiskey and barbecue sauce, you’re going to marinade the chicken legs in a Ziplock or other container of your choice for about 30-40 minutes. Next, place the marinated chicken legs on the leg and wing rack.
Set the rack on your grill at medium high, about 350 F. Baste the legs with the marinade occasionally until done, about 20 minutes or so.
Peach Whiskey BBQ Drumsticks
- 1 leg and wing chicken rack
- 1 cup Peach Whiskey
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce Stubbs brand, or homemade
- 14 chicken drumsticks
- Make marinade from whiskey and BBQ sauce.
- Soak chicken legs in the marinade for about 30-40 minutes.
- Place marinated chicken legs into the leg rack on the grill at medium high heat, about 350 F.
- Baste legs with the marinade occasionally until done, about 20 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!