Turkey Pear Fruit Plate
In this video Thanksgiving collaboration filmed at YouTube Space LA, I teamed up with the talented Jenn Johns of Cookies, Cupcakes and Cardio for this simple turkey pear fruit plate. This easy Thanksgiving recipe can be prepared by the kids while you make the Thanksgiving turkey (or my smoked turkey!)— keeping them off the electronics and into the kitchen!
A behind the scenes photo of Jenn Johns and I on the kitchen set at YouTube Space LA in Playa Vista. Photo by Veronica Hill.
- 1/2 pear
- 6-8 apple slices
- 6-8 orange wedges
- 2 dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon nutella, peanut butter or cream cheese
- 2 mini chocolate chips
- 1 cashew
- 1 dried cranberry
- Place the halved pear on your plate. Layer orange and apple slices around the pear, like feathers.
- Cut the apricots into "feet." Place under the base of the pear.
- Dip chocolate chips into the peanut butter to glue on "eyes."
- Do the same with the cashew for the "beak" and the cranberry for the "gobbler." Enjoy!!!
Recipe from Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com