Turkey Burger Recipe
This moist turkey burger recipe gets its flavor from sauteed mushrooms and onions, grated mozzarella cheese and a dash of spices. It’s a go-to staple in my home, and we’re convinced it will be one of the best turkey burger recipes you’ve tried!
Turkey burgers on the grill! Photo by Veronica Hill.
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1/2 of an onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Whole wheat buns
- Garlic mayo
- Green leaf lettuce
- Fresh garden tomatoes
- Sliced avocado
- Saute the diced onions and mushrooms in butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey meat, egg, mushroom-onion mixture, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Chill mixture for 30 minutes. Form into balls and flatten into patties.
- Place on to a preheated Weber grill. Cover. Give a quarter-turn after about 5 minutes, cooking for a total of about 8 minutes on each side.
- Build your burger on your favorite buns with garlic mayo, green leaf lettuce, fresh garden tomatoes and sliced avocado.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com