If you like to cook outside throughout the year and if you’re in the market for a new gas grill, I highly recommend spending the extra money on stainless steel gas grills. Following are a few tips for buying a gas grill.
Tips for Buying a Gas Grill
1. Some day you may want to convert your propane gas grill to natural gas like I’ve done. Before you buy, make sure to check that the outdoor gas grill brand you buy can be converted. Converting kits contain new valves that attach to the manifold.
2. Bring some sort of magnet to the store with you. A high quality stainless gas grill is not magnetic.
3. If you do a lot of grilling, you may want to buy one that has a gas grill burner, smoker or rotisserie. You may also want a grill that has a large cooking surface. My steel gas grill has about 600 square inches of cooking space.
4. Buy a gas grill that has some storage cabinets and drawers. These are great for storing all of your grilling accessories.
5. Be sure to measure the spot where you’re going to set up the grill, and then measure the grill before you purchase it.
6. Be sure to read all instructions before you assemble the grill.
7. Finally, don’t forget to purchase a good quality gas grill cover. This will help protect your grill from Mother Nature.