Tempura Shrimp Recipe
This fried tempura shrimp recipe uses panko bread crumbs for added texture. You can make this fried shrimp recipe with or without the panko bread crumbs. Serve with my tempura dipping sauce.
- 1 pound U15 Black Tiger Shrimp, deveined, shells and legs removed. Tail on.
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces pale ale beer or seltzer water
- Panko bread crumbs, optional
- Butterfly shrimp along the back. In bowl, fold together flour, salt, eggs and beer. It's OK to have lumps. Add 1 cup of ice to the batter. Fold gently.
- Set each shrimp into the batter and coat everything but the tail. Shake off the excess, and dip into a bed of panko bread crumbs (if desired).
- Place shrimp into 375 F deep fryer for 1-2 minutes minutes at the most, or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, such as my tempura shrimp sauce, and enjoy!
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com