Tempura Batter Recipe
This recipe for tempura batter can be used with shrimp, vegetables, asparagus and even sliced avocado. For extra crunch, coat with panko bread crumbs after dipping it in the batter. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all purpose
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces pale ale or seltzer water
- 1 cup ice
- Mix together the flour, salt and eggs. Add pale ale and slowly fold beer into the flour mixture. It's OK to have lumps. Mix lightly.
- To keep cold, add 1 cup of ice to the batter.
- Coat your favorite vegetables, shrimp, avocado or asparagus in the batter.
- Place in a 375 F deep fryer for 1-2 minutes minutes at the most, or until golden brown.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com