This recipe for Swedish Beets and Horseradish Cream is delicious served with either a prime rib for Christmas, or as a side at your Thanksgiving Turkey dinner.
We made this with prime rib at our good friend’s home in Portland, Oregon, and it’s a delicious accompaniment to your roasted meats thanks to that delicious horseradish cream sauce!
Hope you enjoy this!
Swedish Beets with Horseradish Cream
- 3 pounds beets scrubbed
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup drained prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely minced chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Coat the beets in olive oil in a roasting pan.
- Cover with foil and bake until tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Cut into wedges when cool.
- Make the Horseradish Sauce: Mix the horseradish, sour cream, lemon juice and salt and pepper to your taste.
- Place the cooled beets in a bowl. Coat with half (or desired amount) of horseradish cream and sprinkle with chives.