Today we’re making a healthy but delicious Stuffed Zucchini Boats recipe with Balsamic Reduction. This is a great way to use up fresh zucchini you may have in your garden, or simply to add a bit more greens to your diet.
I filled these stuffed zucchini boats with a delicious blend of sautéed Italian turkey sausage, garlic, oregano and shredded mozzarella, then drizzled them with a reduced Balsamic glaze.
Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Balsamic Glaze
- 4-6 zucchinis
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pound Italian hot turkey sausage casings removed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic-shallot puree or 1-2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2-3 chopped tomatoes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar boiled down to about 1/3 cup
- Cut zucchini in half and remove the pulp from the middle, creating a boat.
- Give the filling a rough chop and set aside. Chop the herbs.
- Preheat suite pan. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the Italian hot turkey sausage. Brown and stir. Add the chopped zucchini. Cook down, about 6-8 minutes. Strain the juice from the pan.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon garlic-shallot puree, or 1-2 cloves chopped garlic. Stir into meat mixture. Add the fresh herbs and about 1/2 of the parsley.
- Fill zucchini boats with meat mixture and cook at 375 for about 16 minutes. You can cook in the oven, or on a sheet pan in your grill.
- Add shredded mozzarella and place back in oven another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar reduction and more fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!