Smoked Mahi Mahi Recipe
I’m a huge fan of fish tacos, and I think this is one of the best preparations I’ve made. This smoked mahi mahi recipe makes use of a quick lemon-herb marinade or Key West dry rub. The fish is planked on mesquite and cedar, then smoked at about 220 F for 30-40 minutes. I prepared this recipe with my friend Brian on his Big Green Egg, but you can use your grill at a higher temperature and still have great results. We made these into some killer fish tacos by placing them in warm corn tortillas and topping them with shredded cabbage, my fish taco white sauce, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- 4 filets of fresh mahi mahi
- Lemon Herb Marinade (see my video recipe) or
- Key West seasoning made from 8 teaspoons lemon pepper, 4 teaspoons thyme, 4 teaspoons basil.
- Fresh corn tortillas
- Shredded cabbage
- Fish Taco white sauce (see my video recipe)
- Fresh limes
- If not marinating in the lemon-herb marinade, rub a little olive oil on the fish and sprinkle liberally with the Key West dry rub.
- Smoke at 220 F for 30-40 minutes, or until fish is still moist but flaky and cooked.
- Make into fish tacos by placing in warmed corn tortillas and topping with shredded cabbage, fish taco white sauce and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Recipe by Jason Hill / CookingSessions.com
Copyright 2014 CookingSessions.com